As the world reopened following years of travel restrictions due to the pandemic, the travel industry is now starting to get back on its feet.
Travelling is always a risk, and in order to get to that dream destination worry and stress-free, you’ve got to have the right level of protection to cover you from travel uncertainties.
Liberty Travel Insurance Products
Pursue your dreams with a peace of mind
Studying abroad is undoubtedly an exciting experience filled with both opportunities and risks. As you embark on this adventure, dont let practical concerns like international travel, security and health disrupt your plans. With a clear understanding of the challenges faced by international students like you, we have
tailored Overseas StudentCare for all your overseas needs.
- Worldwide coverage
- Study loan repayment benefit
- Comprehensive covers during holidays during term break
- Rental vehicle excess cover
- 24-hour assistance helpline
Coverage: Please View Brochure
Eligibility: You must be
- between 15 to 45 years of age
- a Singapore citizen, Singapore permanent resident or foreigner holding a valid Singapore student pass
- registered as a full-time student with an overseas educational institution or participating in a student exchange program or industrial attachment overseas as arranged by your educational institution in Singapore
Travel (COVID-19) Insurance
- Common travel insurance benefits such as personal accident, medical expenses overseas, travel delay, loss of personal belongings.
- Protection against hefty overseas medical expenses, trip cancellation costs and other essential coverage if you are diagnosed with COVID-19:
Trip cancellation due to COVID-19
Trip postponement due to COVID-19
Trip curtailment due to COVID-19
Trip disruption due to COVID-19
Medical expenses overseas due to COVID-19
Emergency medical evacuation and repatriation due to COVID-19
Overseas quarantine allowance due to COVID-19
Overseas hospital income due to COVID-19
Maximum benefit (S$) for each Trip
Overall section limit
Overall section limit
Trip cancellation due to COVID-19
Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam.
Australia, Cambodia, China (Excluding Tibet and Mongolia), Hong Kong, India, Japan, Laos, Macau, Myanmar, New Zealand, South Korea, Taiwan, and all countries listed under Area A.
Area C (Worldwide)
Worldwide excluding countries List: Afghanistan, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Iran, Iraq, Liberia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria.
This Policy is only available to You if You:
- are living or working in Singapore;
- hold a valid Singapore identification document such as a Singapore passport, national registration identification card, employment pass, work permit, long-term visit pass or student pass;
- start and end Your Trip in Singapore;
- have fully paid Your premium;
- are not an undischarged bankrupt;
- have not committed an act of bankruptcy within the last 12 months;
- have bought the Policy before You leave Singapore and the coverage date starts before You leave Singapore; and
- are more than 30 days old.
Application for Child below the age of 16 to be covered under an Individual plan must be made in the name of the parent or guardian. Limits applicable are those of child insured under a Family Plan.
- one Adult, or two Adults who are in a marital relationship or partners at the time of applying for the Policy; and
- their Children under the same Policy.
The Child(ren) must be the legal child, or a ward, of the Adult and who is less than 21 years old or less than 25 years old in a full-time tertiary institution and is not married or employed.
What can I claim for if I am tested positive for COVID-19 during the PCR test before departure?
- You can claim under Section 22 (Trip cancellation due to COVID-19) or Section 23 (Trip postponement due to COVID-19) if you need to cancel or postpone your trip as a result of testing positive for COVID-19 during the PCR test before departure, subject to policy terms and conditions. In particular, we would like to highlight:
- There is an excess of $100
- Diagnosis for COVID-19 must be within 30 days prior to scheduled departure date from Singapore
- We will not pay if the policy was purchased less than 5 days prior to your scheduled departure date from Singapore
What can I claim for if one of my travel companions is tested positive for COVID-19 before departure?
If your travel companion is also insured with Sompo, you can also claim under Section 22 or 23 for trip cancellation / postponement due to COVID-19. Policy terms and conditions apply.
What if I am tested positive for COVID-19 when I take a PCR test for an earlier trip, can I also claim for travel cancellation for this trip?
It does not matter if the PCR test is taken for an earlier trip, as long as policy conditions are met.
Do note that diagnosis of COVID-19 must be within 30 days prior to your scheduled departure date and we will not pay if the policy was purchased less than 5 days prior to your scheduled departure date from Singapore.
What if there are changes to the travel rules e.g. defer of SG-HK Travel bubble and I am unsure of the next travel date?
Our policy does not cover for cancellation or postponement of trip due to change in travel rules.
You can call in before the insurance commences to change the policy period of insurance subject to an admin charge of $21.60 (including of GST).
Am I required to be fully vaccinated before departing from Singapore to enjoy all the benefits under my Travel (COVID-19) insurance policy?
We do not require you to be fully vaccinated as long as you still fulfill the requirements of the destination country and are not in breach of any government regulation.
Does the policy also cover other common Travel Insurance benefits that are not related to COVID-19?
Yes, the policy offers 21 other benefits that are not related to COVID-19 including medical expenses and travel inconvenience benefits. Please refer to policy wording for coverage details.
I understand that Known Events will not be covered. What is considered as a Known Event?
Known Event means any situation that was made known to You or You ought to have known of before the Policy was applied for, either through the transport or accommodation provider or through media reports or through a travel advisory issued by an authority (local or foreign), which may affect Your health or disrupt Your Trip, including but not limited to, a riot, strike, civil commotion, epidemic, pandemic or Natural Disaster.
When will the policy coverage take effect?
- Cover under section 1,2, 22 and 23 starts
- on the date We issue Your policy; or
- as shown under the section which applies, whichever is later.
- Cover under section 8 (Insolvency of travel agency) starts on the date We issue Your policy
- Cover under section 12 (Personal accident) starts when You leave the place You usually live or work (whichever is later) to start Your Trip, or three hours before the start date of Your Trip shown on Your Certificate of Insurance, whichever is later.
Cover under section 12 (Personal accident) ends, whichever is earliest:
- when You arrive at the place that You usually live or work after Your Trip;
- three hours after You return to Singapore and leave the immigration;
- three hours after the end of the period shown on Your Certificate of Insurance; or
- three hours after the end of 182 days from the start of Your policy.
All other sections will be effective only when you are overseas.
How can I extend my policy period?
You may contact your servicing intermediary, our office or call our 24-Hour Emergency Assistance Hotline before midnight of the policy expiry date to furnish your extension period and credit card details for payment of additional premium, provided the trip is within 182 days from the start of your policy and subject to our approval.
In the event of the happening or warning of any riot, strike or civil commotion, war or war like situations, health threatening situations, natural disasters for which travel advisory is issued by the authorities recommending postponement of all non-essential travel, the policy shall not cover such events unless the journey had already commenced prior to the advisory.
Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme
This policy is protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact Us or visit the GIA/LIA or SDIC web-sites (www.gia.org.sg or www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg)